Frequently Asked Questions FAQ:
- What types of rooms are available in the hotel and what are the differences between the room types?
The hotel offers 4 types of rooms: queen, double queen, double queen kitchenette guest rooms and two room kitchenette suites. The Queen Guest rooms are comfortable for value travelers and business. The Double Queen Guest rooms are spacious and comfortable. The Double Queen Kitchenette Guest rooms are upgraded with a kitchenette that is spacious and comfortable. The Two Room Kitchenette Suites are newly renovated and offer a work desk, with a separate sleeping and living area and offer upgraded amenities.
- Are your hotel rates per room or per person?
The rates charged are per room and are dependent on the number of occupants per type of room.
- Does my room reservation require a guarantee?
All room reservations require a credit card to be guaranteed.
- How do I cancel my hotel reservation without a charge?
To cancel your booking without incurring any charges, please contact the Front Desk by 11AM, two days (48 hours) prior to your arrival date. You will then be given a cancellation number.
- How many people can stay in one room?
Each guest room differs in maximum occupancy and is dependent on the type of room:
- Queen guest room maximum is 2
- Double queen guest room maximum is 5
- Double queen kitchenette guest room maximum is 5
- Two room kitchenette suite maximum is 5
- Do you offer discounts for group bookings?
For details on group rates and availability, please contact the hotel’s Sales Department.
- Do you have a pet’s policy?
We regret that animals are not allowed to stay in guest rooms.
- What are the standard check-in and check-out times at the hotel?
The standard check-in time is 15:00 and check-out is at 11:00 AM. If you are arriving earlier than the check-in time we will make every effort to ensure that a room is available for you.
- Is it possible to check-in earlier?
It is sometimes possible to check-in earlier, however, this depends on availability and cannot be guaranteed. To be sure of having the room ready upon an early arrival, you can reserve the room for the night before.
- Do you provide a service for late check-out?
It is possible to have a late check-out. Late check-out fees will apply. Please note that, for a check out after 15:00, an additional room night will be charged at the regular room rate.
- Do you have hairdryers in the rooms?
Hairdryers are available in every guest room.
- How long does it take to get a taxi/limousine from the airport to the hotel?
It takes approximately 25-35 minutes to get from the airport to the hotel by highway depending on the time of day.
- How far is the nearest hospital from the hotel?
The Sudbury Regional Hospital is 15 minutes by car. Sudbury Extendicare Falconbridge and Sudbury Extendicare York are a short drive away.
- Are there any educational Institutions in Sudbury?
Yes, Laurentian University, Cambrian College, College Boreal and Northern Centre for Advanced Technology Inc. (NORCAT) are the largest educational institutions in Sudbury.
- Are there any shopping centers near the hotel? And, if so, where are they?
Yes, the Rio Can Centre nearby which includes Costco, Staples, Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, Golf Town, Gap, The Shoe Company, Chapter & Starbucks and much more. The New Sudbury Mall, Downtown Sudbury, Millennium Shopping Center and the Rainbow Centre are a short drive.
- How far is the hotel from the main shopping area?
Approximately 5 to 10 minute drive by car or by taxi.
- Are you close to the Theatres/Entertainment venues?
Yes, the Silver City Sudbury (Cineplex) is the nearest place for movie theaters; it is within driving distance or a short taxi ride away.
For live theatre there is the Sudbury Theatre Centre, which is a short drive in Sudbury’s downtown area.
- What are the local tourist attractions?
Sudbury’s tourist attractions are located throughout the city. Science North is located off Ramsey Lake and the New Dynamic Earth is on the east end off the highway. The Laurentian Conservation Area is a 1 mile drive or brisk walk with free parking at Moonlight Beach.
To the top